Migration from an Cisco ASA 5510 to a PA 3020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migration from an Cisco ASA 5510 to a PA 3020

L4 Transporter

IS there a step by step of the best way to migrate from a Cisco ASA 5510 to a PA 3020. We are replacing our current ASA 5510 with a PA 3020.

8 REPLIES 8

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

There is a document for migrating cisco asa firewalls in support portal.

If you don't have access to it please contact your SE for more information.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

I have access to the support portal but what is the name of the document and the location in the support portal?

L7 Applicator

I have not used it personally, but there is an actual configuration conversion tool to generate a starting PAN-OS configuration from a running config output.

This is only available through the PA SE.  Contact your SE for a copy.

Steve

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L4 Transporter

Thanks I will contact my SE

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Here's the datasheet for the migration tool: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1945

Our FW migration community is where you can download the latest 2.0.1 MT from: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/community/partnertools/fwmigrate

Please contact your SE if you don't have access to the community.

Thanks,

Aditi

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here 😞

By the way, how come the conversation tools have access limits other than valid login to the supportweb?

I always understood the Migration Tool was geared to Partners only, not to the end users.  Maybe that is why it has limited access.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!