Migration from checkpoint to paloalto pre-requisites

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migration from checkpoint to paloalto pre-requisites

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

Please provide details about the pre-requisites to migrate checkpoint to paloalto.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@shiv.bhagat,

Can you expand on what you are actually asking for? Your essentially going to be rebuilding the checkpoint configuration on your new PAN firewall.

Hi Team,

Configuration available on checkpoint need to import on the paloalto firewall for that we first need to import checkpoint configuration on the migration tool and need to make changes as paloalto firewall.

But my question is, what are the pre-requisites for the above mentioned migration so that we can ask from checkpoint team.

Hello,

You can use Palo Alto's migration tool Expedition, https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-migration-tool/ct-p/migration_tool.

I honestly prefer to build the PAN from scratch and recreate all the policies. I understand if this is not possible due to time or other constraints. But it allows me to build Layer7 policies from day one along with having all my inspection rules in place.

Hope this helps.

L0 Member

you need the following:

1] tar.gz file from checkpoint. (upload in expedition)

2] netstat -nr, output in checkpoint, saved it to txt file (upload in expedition).

3] dynamics objects (manually added into the firewall policy, objects, need further verification, need more time to work). 

L0 Member

Hi Team,

May I know the prerequisites for a lesser than R80 version checkpoint firewall like what file type needs to be imported in the expedition tool?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!