migration tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

migration tool

L1 Bithead

using the latest version of the fw migration tool,  can anyone share how to delete the database files?

Doing an ASA to PAN migration when creating the XML file,  the  migration tool does configuration check, looks for host with invalid masks.

Tool found a number of hosts with a mask: /0       This is an error as it clearly shows the host with a /32 bit mask under the Addresses under objects.

(tool is sketchy)

To resolve, I remove the addresses being reported as having an invalid mask from the addresses area, reload the data, and errors still exist.

next, removed the host, address/mask from ASA config file.   Did a new migration file upload, and it the host names and errors still exist.

Does anyone know how to clear or delete the database on the tool?

Lastly, I tried to upload a completely differnet ASA config to the migration tool, and the tool still is hung up and gives same error.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the replies and sharing.   Much simplier approach than trying to tweak or fix this issue.

replaced the vmdk and all is well.

thanks again

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

it' virtual machine  machine you could reimport the original machine  

Not applicable

If you're talking about the 2.0 tool, you could just create a new "project"...in the 1.x tool, I'm not sure; I had a generic config I converted as a test, and saved that one, so I can usually just restore back to it....like gregory said, you likely have the zip file that the migration tool came in, so you could replace the vmdk...

Thanks for the replies and sharing.   Much simplier approach than trying to tweak or fix this issue.

replaced the vmdk and all is well.

thanks again

Hi,

from where can i download the new version of the MigrationTool? I am having the same issue with invalid hosts netmask!!

thanks

Gabriel

You should be able to download it from your partner portal. The current version is 2.0 if i'm not mistaking

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!