Multi-hop VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multi-hop VPN

L2 Linker

We have an interesting VPN request that's I have not seen yet.

User logs into Global Protect from home and RDP's to desktop on campus. The user then tries to open a Global Protect connection from that campus workstation to get access to another restricted host on campus. The issue we have is when the user tries to connect on the second workstation the RDP session will disconnect so the user can't make the "double" VPN connection.

I don't know if this is even possible since it would seem to me the IP changes on the remote host. Has anyone tried this or had any success making this work?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

i have no idea if it will work or not but you will at least need to have split tunneling on the second VPN connection.

on the second vpn connection just allow traffic to the remote host (or subnet) only in the include section. if you are connecting via domain name then you may need to allow DNS also..

good luck, let me know if it works...

L7 Applicator

FYI.

forgot to mention, this is configured in the gateway settings.  on newer versions you can also enable split tunnels on domain names...

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try it out and see if that fixes the issue.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!