Multiple Captive Portal Settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Multiple Captive Portal Settings

L4 Transporter

I know on top of my head that multiple captive portal profiles are not possible.  But was just wondering if there is or I might have missed something on how we can acheive this.

I want to set a captive portal for Group A to have 60mins of session and Group B to have 30mins of uniterrupted browsing session.  Once members of Group B have reached 30mins, they should re-authenticate again.  Is there any way we can try this out?

Cheers..

Kalyan

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

You mean 30min since they first logged in (authenticated) or 30mins since last activity?

30mins since they first logged in.  Scenario is like:

For wireless, the captive portal is set with a timeout of 24hours and I would like this to remain as this works well for personal devices.  However, during lessons with school owned devices, the environment demands these school owned devices to have a shorter (30min) timeout - anything longer would cause problems for the students in the next lesson.

Any way I can achieve this?

Cheers...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!