Multiple NAT External to single internal IP via PAT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple NAT External to single internal IP via PAT

L0 Member

i have two external IP addresses listening on port 22.  NAT rule does a Port translation for this.

External IP1:22 -> Internal IP141:2222 (PAT from port 22 to 2222)

External IP2:22 -> Internal IP141:2223 (PAT from port 22 to 2223)

Traffic to/from external IP1 on port 22 work fine... but traffic to/from external ip2 do not.

Is this something that can't be done?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Under the traffic monitor, we do see traffic inbound for the 1st external IP with no issues, and it matches the right security profile.

Traffic for the second IP would show up inbound, but no return traffic.

ANd then i just double checked the security policy....  IP2 did not have correct destination zone. (was untrusted, changed to trusted) and it now works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JamesFowler,

What are you seeing under traffic logs? Is it matching correct security policy and NAT ?

You can check it using test command through cli.

Mayur

M

Under the traffic monitor, we do see traffic inbound for the 1st external IP with no issues, and it matches the right security profile.

Traffic for the second IP would show up inbound, but no return traffic.

ANd then i just double checked the security policy....  IP2 did not have correct destination zone. (was untrusted, changed to trusted) and it now works.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!