My first OS maintenance update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

My first OS maintenance update

Not applicable

Hi, I have an HA active/passive pair of 3050's that are currently on OS 5.0.2.  I have successfully downloaded and installed 5.0.9 on the passive unit.

1. Do I need to suspend the active/primary unit before I install the update or will the installation automatically take care of that?
  2. I am a bit nervous because I am connected over VPN to the firewall I will be suspending.  Will my connection fail over?  Is there a way to make the management interface available without VPN just in case?

Thank you

(I may have posted this twice. If so, sorry. My original post did not show up in KnowledgePoint.)

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi,

No you don't need to suspend.You can use preemptive function if you are anxious about 2nd device.

Give lower priority to the Active device for now.Choose preemptive for both,

after you installed 5.0.9 to the 1st device, failover will happen.Then after boot with 5.0.9 of the 1st device and sometime(1min) , it will takeover the Active membership to itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi,

No you don't need to suspend.You can use preemptive function if you are anxious about 2nd device.

Give lower priority to the Active device for now.Choose preemptive for both,

after you installed 5.0.9 to the 1st device, failover will happen.Then after boot with 5.0.9 of the 1st device and sometime(1min) , it will takeover the Active membership to itself.

Is it safe to update Active device over VPN connection?  At worst I will just have to reconnect - correct?  Thank you

it will be better upgrading at a moment when someone can access physically to the device.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!