NAT SDWAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

NAT SDWAN

L0 Member

Hello,

My Name is Dwi.

I have case with SD-WAN configuration.

I have 2 ISP DIA provider, and i want to combine 2 ISP provider in to single logical SD-WAN for Load Balancing Internet Traffic.

the Palo Alto device is under NAT, please help me to configure NAT in SD-WAN ?

thanks very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dwinur,

Have you went through the SD-WAN configuration guides and actually read up on how this is configured? That would be the starting point for this, and then you can ask questions if you get stuck on something.

I'm not sure what you mean by the following:

@dwinur wrote:

the Palo Alto device is under NAT, please help me to configure NAT in SD-WAN ?

Be mindful that having a device performing NAT in front of the PA can prevent the formation of the tunnels, which means SD-WAN isn't going to work in some cases. You want to try to eliminate that if at all possible during your planning stage. 

He wants to NAT his internet traffic going out like you would a single internet connection.  So if a single internet connection all internal traffic going out would be configured in the NAT policies as a source NAT Dynamic IP and Port to the outside interface's IP.  He wants to know how you do this if your outside interface is an SD-WAN that is combining two different internet circuits each with their own IP on each interface.  

On this note, since it had been a minute since I had done it.  You specify a NAT policy for each outside interface.  So source zone(s) (trust etc) to destination zone (untrust) but specify the physical interface in the middle tab, don't leave it as any interface.  Then specify same outside interface in the translated packet tab (Dynamic IP and Port) and that interface's IP.  

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!