NCAA 2020 App-ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

NCAA 2020 App-ID

L1 Bithead

Is there any timeframe for when the new NCAA app-id's released for March Madness?  I found the 2017 app-is signatures, and a link for the 2018 signatures but was not able to access the files.

PCNSA
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hi! We will release it in a few days.

Fortune favors the prepared mind

Awesome thank you!  My ISO is interested to see what kind of traffic we'll be seeing hit the firewall once the tournament starts.

PCNSA

@AJWittenberger,

Here is the updated article and custom App-IDs:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Customer-Resources/March-Madness-2020/ta-p/315051

Thank you! I'm going to import them on Monday and take a look at the traffic!

PCNSA

Just an FYI, the app-id's show up as ncaa2019-mm adn ncaa2019-video when they are imported.  I'm assuming that it doesn't mean anything other than the title hasnt been updated.

PCNSA

I edited the second line of the xml files, <entry name="ncaa2019-video"> to <entry name="ncaa2020-video"> and <entry name="ncaa2019-mml"> to <entry name="ncaa2020-mml">. Now it shows as ncaa2020. Sounds to me like they are just using the same application signature as last year, most likely nothing has changed.

Just another I.T. Guy

Hi!

Thank you @AJWittenberger  for noticing it! I updated the files. 

@VincentPresogna You are right, nothing has changed neither in NCAA player as far as I can see, nor in signature. I will double check next week when the games begin. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!