Need Upgrade Tips

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need Upgrade Tips

L2 Linker

I am planning to upgrade Panorama and my few HA clusters to version 9.0.6. Currently all these are on 9.0.3-h3.

Need your experience on 9.0.6 if anyone is already running on it. Is there any unknown issue/bug observed on this version?

I have completely aware of known issues but just wanted to check if anyone observed any bug on this version and created any kind of issues, please share your recommendations.

3 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

just my 2 cents,

9.0.8 just got released on April.16.  Also, Palo Alto Networks Security Advisories listed number of security related issues are addressed 9.0.7 and later.

There is a known bug PAN-131792 when I tested in 9.0.6,  target fix is 9.0.9.  webUI cannot build monitor traffic log filter via policies -> security -> rule -> right click -> Log Viewer.

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

Not me but one of my friend had faced issues for GlobalProtect when moved to 9.0.6 version. Client were getting certificate related error post upgrade.  This is what my friend told me about the issue that he observed in his environment. He had to upgrade to 9.0.7 and post that everything was normal. May be he had opened case with Support and TAC engineer suggested to upgarde to 9.0.7. Not have any more details on this. But this is what i heard about 9.0.6.

Mayur

M

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

I would definitely go with the current recommended release of 9.0.7 since it addresses a number of issues present in 9.0.6 and fixes PAN-SA-2020-0002, CVE-2020-1990, and CVE-2020-1992 (Only applicable to PA-7000). 

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

just my 2 cents,

9.0.8 just got released on April.16.  Also, Palo Alto Networks Security Advisories listed number of security related issues are addressed 9.0.7 and later.

There is a known bug PAN-131792 when I tested in 9.0.6,  target fix is 9.0.9.  webUI cannot build monitor traffic log filter via policies -> security -> rule -> right click -> Log Viewer.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

Not me but one of my friend had faced issues for GlobalProtect when moved to 9.0.6 version. Client were getting certificate related error post upgrade.  This is what my friend told me about the issue that he observed in his environment. He had to upgrade to 9.0.7 and post that everything was normal. May be he had opened case with Support and TAC engineer suggested to upgarde to 9.0.7. Not have any more details on this. But this is what i heard about 9.0.6.

Mayur

M

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@johnde,

I would definitely go with the current recommended release of 9.0.7 since it addresses a number of issues present in 9.0.6 and fixes PAN-SA-2020-0002, CVE-2020-1990, and CVE-2020-1992 (Only applicable to PA-7000). 

L2 Linker

@nextgenhappines @SutareMayur @BPry ,

Thank you guys, this is really helpful for me to decide my further actions. And this is what i like about Live community. All're here to share & care about technical issues, discussions etc.

Appreciate everyone's help here.

-John

• 3 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!