Netflix application rolled in to web-browsing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Netflix application rolled in to web-browsing?

L2 Linker

Last week I ran an ACC report for the top 25 applications.  Netflix was #3 (university environment, so it's to be expected).  Today, I ran the same report and Netflix (as an application) is no where to be found.  I launched Netflix on my computer to generate some traffic and I'm not seeing it (I waited 20 minutes to make sure the session was ended and logged).  I've tried searching, but I don't see any modifications to the application.  Any reason this isn't showing up any more?

PA-5050 @ PANOS 5.0.10

-Brian

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi Brian,

Netflix uses SSL, hence without SSL-Decryption it would be identified as SSL,

And with SSL-decryption, it will be identified as Netflix.

Can you please generate one more connection to netflix and provide me output for "show session id <>".

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L6 Presenter

Hi Bhelman,

We have a open bug/68271 which is opened for netflix being identified as web-browsing.

PANW is working on it. Let me know for addtional queries.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Hello Bhelman,

I have noticed quite a few incidences where netflix has been identified as web-browsing. Please make sure you are on the latest content version (463 being latest today) and test again as I see some improvements being reported. You may open a support case to follow the updates from bug 68271.

Regards,

Dileep

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!