Not able to comunicate with paloalto eth 1/2 interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not able to comunicate with paloalto eth 1/2 interface

L0 Member

Hi Guys

I have come here with lot of hope , I am doing my masters project and for that purpose my topology .My goal here is to show how paloalto can block the threats with its inbuilt IDS IPS ,url filtering , block traffic etc but right now I am facing a issue setting up a network I configured ping managenment on the firewall also I configured the interfaces but the problem is my client is unable to ping the eth 1/2 interface can some one help me with the process and tell me where I am going wrong.

Client --- > Firewall --> Internet

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Need more info on this.

IS the interface eth1/2 Lan Interface?

IS management profile applied to the eth1/2 interface?

Does Management profile includes the ping option checked?

Do you have Routing from your PC to the eth1/2 interface and vice versa?

What you see in traffic logs?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hello,

The interface would need to be  L3 and have an IP address assigned. Also it will need an interface management profile that has Ping enabled along with the proper security policies to enable ping, etc.

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!