Open-vpn client for Globalprotect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Open-vpn client for Globalprotect

L4 Transporter

I have a consultant who is asking if the Global Protect VPN would connect with an OpenVPN-based client?  I suspect he is working from a Linux PC.

does Palo support it?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @SThatipelly 

As far as I know with an OpenVPN client the cpnnection is not supported (and also does not work). But there is also an official PaloAlto Global Protect Agent for Linux which you could use. If you don't have the Global Protect Gateway License you can try this one here: https://github.com/dlenski/openconnect This VPN client I know does work with GP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hi @SThatipelly 

As far as I know with an OpenVPN client the cpnnection is not supported (and also does not work). But there is also an official PaloAlto Global Protect Agent for Linux which you could use. If you don't have the Global Protect Gateway License you can try this one here: https://github.com/dlenski/openconnect This VPN client I know does work with GP.

L4 Transporter

There is also a GP VPN client for Linux.

Granting other (3rd party) VPN clients should be possible, but this eliminates a few features. For example, you can no longer define split tunnel config.

@Remo @JoergSchuetter  thanks for your responses.

Do I need to purchase GP gateway license to enable support for Linux?

Yes, if you want to use the official client, you need to buy the gateway license.

@Remo @JoergSchuetter  thank you both for your responses.

L0 Member

Ubuntu Linux 

• Install "network-manger-vpnc "
  • Config a  VPN type Cisco compatible (vpnc) 
  • Descripción -> Name
  • Gateway -> IP_gateway
  • Account -> <local_user> 
  • Password -> <Password> 
  • Use certificated -> NO 
  • Name of Group -> Name_VPN 
  • Secret  -> Name_of_Secret

is there a way to force the GP client and restrict all other clients? 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!