option 61 on dhcp client non-mgmt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

option 61 on dhcp client non-mgmt

L0 Member

I have ether1/1 assigned as my untrusted/WAN interface. It is in Layer 3 mode and has been set as a DHCP-Client. I need to tell the firewall to send a option 61 (clientid) as part of it's DHCP discover. I been looking though OS 7.1 and can't find it in the GUI or the CLI. Is this a option in 8.0. or am I just blind? I can see the options on the MGMT interfaces but not on the data plane ports.

Also need to find DHCP-PD too for IPV6. 

Thanks,

Andrew 

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi,

l don't think you have these options for the DP Interface in DHCP Mode:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/pan-os/networking/configure-an-interface-as...

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@asimpson8583,

To the best of my knowledge @TranceforLife is correct. Your not going to find these options in the DP interfaces. A quick check on 8.0.3 and I'm not seeing any options listed on those interfaces either. 

L4 Transporter

Hi Andrew,

Please contact your SE to raise a feature request (or vote on an already existing one) to make this available on DP interfaces.

Regards,

Anurag

================================================================
ACE 7.0, 8.0, PCNSE 7

Already raised, but i need people to vote for it 🙂 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!