PA-3020 interfaces not coming up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-3020 interfaces not coming up

L0 Member

I have a PA-3020 that was taken out of production several months ago. When it was removed, everything was working. Since that time, it has been sitting on a shelf. I decided to get it out today, and try to set up a small lab. I consoled in to the device, and performed a factory reset. Next, I connected to the management interface, and went to the Web GUI. I configured eth1/1 as a Layer 3 interface, added it to the "Internet" zone, and set it for DHCP. I then plugged a cable in to the port. No link lights or anything. I verified the cable and jack are good by plugging it in to my laptop. Laptop got an IP address and internet. I tried the same config on the next 5 ports, just to see, and got the same results.

Of course, we don't have support on this unit right now since it was just sitting on a shelf. Otherwise I'd call PA. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try? If you need to see the output of any commands, let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @R2dTOO ,

Did you checked the cli login? You can check same and see if you're seeing any error logs there.

M

L5 Sessionator

I had a similar experience where I couldn't even get vwire rules set up properly to flow traffic. As it turns out, the interfaces I picked used to be L3, had NAT configured, which smashed any vwire zones apart. Oops. If the lights are green, and you have a test policy match, chances are good it's in the route or NAT between the zones.

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!