PA-5410 slow page loads

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-5410 slow page loads

L2 Linker

we have a new PA been in line about a week, i had to take it out today and replace it with my old barracuda firewall because of slow page loads.  For example going to speedtest.net it may take 45sec to a minute for the page to load where i can initiate a test, but once it loads i get my expected speeds (about 850MB up/down). This is the same for about all pages it seems very slow to get the page loaded but fine afterwards, some pages time out and you have to refresh to load.

data plane cpu on firewall is 18%

i have opened a ticket with support they (so far) haven't seen any issues - problem goes away when palo not in line.

We have 2 ISP, i'm using ECMP, IP Modulo, routing is down via ospf.  

Any ideas where i can start looking?

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

With the Palo in line if you were to just nslookup speedtest.net does it still take a considerable amount of time or is that pretty instant?

Check the global counters to see if there is something of any concern. How to check global counters for a specific source and destinat... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

We at least havent experienced any similar problems on our 5400s

sorry this has taken so long for a response. and thanks for the info, it appears that we were having issues with our content filter, just so happens that they started having issues the same time we put the palo in place.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!