PA 5520 to PA 5220 Cluster migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 5520 to PA 5220 Cluster migration

L2 Linker

Hi,

I want to migrate one PA Cluster from 5020 7.1.16 to 5220 8.1.8. Could you please help me with the steps to follow for this migration and is there a document available?

Thanks

JP

5 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JyotiPrakash,

What exactly do you need help with that wasn't covered under your post HERE?

View solution in original post

Hi,

Do I need to change any interfaces settings for new 5220 devices and if yes then how I can do that. 

@JyotiPrakash ,

the biggest change here is simply media format of the interfaces and ensuring that they'll work in your environment without any modifications, as you'll only have the four copper Ethernet interfaces. 
the actual configuration of the interface (anything under the ethernet1/* entry) is going to be the exact same between units. 

the other gotcha you'll have to look for us the changes to HA interfaces, but that will be apparent and will throw validation errors if you do it incorrectly. 

thank you and makes sense to me now 🙂 

thanks a lot for your time and I very much appreciate for sharing excellent info regarding the migration. 

Thanks a lot for this solution and works absolutely fine. I did the migration from 5520 to 5220 Firewall and absolutely great. I did follow all your instructions and works fine for me!!

Thanks a lot 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JyotiPrakash,

What exactly do you need help with that wasn't covered under your post HERE?

Hi,

Do I need to change any interfaces settings for new 5220 devices and if yes then how I can do that. 

@JyotiPrakash ,

the biggest change here is simply media format of the interfaces and ensuring that they'll work in your environment without any modifications, as you'll only have the four copper Ethernet interfaces. 
the actual configuration of the interface (anything under the ethernet1/* entry) is going to be the exact same between units. 

the other gotcha you'll have to look for us the changes to HA interfaces, but that will be apparent and will throw validation errors if you do it incorrectly. 

thank you and makes sense to me now 🙂 

thanks a lot for your time and I very much appreciate for sharing excellent info regarding the migration. 

Thanks a lot for this solution and works absolutely fine. I did the migration from 5520 to 5220 Firewall and absolutely great. I did follow all your instructions and works fine for me!!

Thanks a lot 🙂 

• 5 accepted solutions
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!