PA device and Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA device and Panorama

L4 Transporter

hey

how can i see what configuration is still local on the PA device.

i have a site in which i move the PA device into panorama, i have chosen to move all the device config into panorama except the HA configuration and individual configuration of each PA,

now i have reset one PA configuration and push the config from the panorama,

and i get that the configuration is not synchronized (missmatch)

i think there is still local configuration on the device that is not configured in my template.

thanks for any help

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Merge with Candidate Config would merge the Panorama pushed config with Managed device's candidate config (locally configured changes which are not committed). But not the running config.

You can use the option of Force Template values to while committing settings from Panorama using Templates.

This would wipe out the mismatched configuration if it has not been configured in the Templates, but you can override those settings on the Managed device

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Merge with Candidate Config would merge the Panorama pushed config with Managed device's candidate config (locally configured changes which are not committed). But not the running config.

You can use the option of Force Template values to while committing settings from Panorama using Templates.

This would wipe out the mismatched configuration if it has not been configured in the Templates, but you can override those settings on the Managed device

Thanks.

L4 Transporter

thanks but you didnt understand my point.

i have a cluster that is configure by its own for right now, i want to move all the configuration to panorama,

i move some, but how can i verify that i have moved all the configuration to panorama?

L6 Presenter

Where do you see that

"configuration is not synchronized (missmatch)" ? on HA widget you mean ?

yes this is where i have seen the missmatch,

but i thought i have moved almost all the configurtion to the Panorama template and device group,

so how can i see what configuration is still local on the device?

As per my understanding, if you export the "device state" to you local machine, it will have the config which is local on the device.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!