PA200 Failures

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA200 Failures

L2 Linker

We started deploying Palo Alto in our environment about 6-7 months ago.  We're up at 19 PA200s in production (we also use Panorama).  Since we've been deploying these, I've had 6 units fail at 4 different sites.  The failure is always the same, basically the ports 1-4 are dead.  On some reboots they show as unknown/unknown/up when nothing is plugged in, and other reboots the firewall just flat out doesn't see the ports as available.

sshshowintunknownup.PNG

sshshowint.PNG

Four out of Six units have just failed at random times, the other 2 have failed within 10-15 minutes of a Panorama commit.  But I think the Panorama commits are just coincidental.  All of the units except 1 were on a UPS unit, generally an APC 2200 or 3000.

The first 3 units support had me perform a full factory reset but that didn't help, the last 3 units I've RMA'd they haven't really asked for much and seem to know of a wider spread problem. 

All of my units are on version 7.0.3 including the Panorama device.  I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing similar issues, or if there's something we're doing to cause this. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello,

We've had a couple cases relating to the issue in the last couple of weeks, and it's to do with devices with certain serial numbers.

Looks like a hardware bug, rather than the usual software.

Palo are aware of the issue, so it's no surprise they're just RMA'ing your devices no questions asked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hello,

We've had a couple cases relating to the issue in the last couple of weeks, and it's to do with devices with certain serial numbers.

Looks like a hardware bug, rather than the usual software.

Palo are aware of the issue, so it's no surprise they're just RMA'ing your devices no questions asked.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!