PA200 process running at 100%

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA200 process running at 100%

Not applicable

Hi there,

I've seen a task called pan_task taking up 100% cpu on two of my PA200's. Is this a PA200 specific thing? Not seen this on any other hardware platform, looking into it further it does not look like it's actually using 100% CPU, wondering if it's something to do with the single cpu architecture and splitting the two cores to backplane/management plane.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Running latest threat, url and PAN OS 4.1.9

Cheers

A.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Having pan_task run at 100% on a PA-200 is normal.  The pan_task process is the software dataplane which always runs at 100% when looking at the "show system resources" output.  To determine the actual load on the dataplane you could use " show running resource-monitor minute last 5".

Thanks,

-- Kevin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi...I recommend that you open a support case on this if the CPU remains at 100% for extended duration.  Thanks.

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Having pan_task run at 100% on a PA-200 is normal.  The pan_task process is the software dataplane which always runs at 100% when looking at the "show system resources" output.  To determine the actual load on the dataplane you could use " show running resource-monitor minute last 5".

Thanks,

-- Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for the reply! I did suspect that it was a "normal" behavior. I did look at the show running resource-monitor and didn't find it correlating. (thus posting here)

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!