PA220 upgrade to 10.0.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA220 upgrade to 10.0.x

L4 Transporter

hello

we have a customer with PA220 runing 8.1.8 and they want to upgrade to 10.0.8

I know 10.0 is supported on PA220 but is there any performance issue on PA220 for panOS 10.0.X LIKE slowness etc ?

Any guidelines if is it worth to upgrade to 10.0.X for PA 220?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@FWPalolearner,

You can stick to 9.1 code branch as long as it's supported if you can't stand the delay. It's possible that we'll see some performance responses in future updates in the 10.0 code branch, but I wouldn't really hold my breath on that happening. 

The PA-800 series handles PAN-OS 10.0 without any speed issues, and the few platform specific issues have been addressed already. Look through the known issues that @SutareMayur linked and make sure none of them actually effect you and your environment. In my experience the 10.0.8-h4 release has been completely stable. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @FWPalolearner ,

If you check the known issues on PANOS 10, it is mentioned that PA220 models are experiencing slower web interface and cli performance on PANOS 10.

Please check below doc for the details.

PANOS 10 Known Issues

Hope it helps!

M

@SutareMayur  and there is no solution for it ? Can we stick to 9.1.11 as it will still be supported atleast for next year i think

Also , can you advise 10.0.X for PA 820/850  > Any major known issue ?

@FWPalolearner,

You can stick to 9.1 code branch as long as it's supported if you can't stand the delay. It's possible that we'll see some performance responses in future updates in the 10.0 code branch, but I wouldn't really hold my breath on that happening. 

The PA-800 series handles PAN-OS 10.0 without any speed issues, and the few platform specific issues have been addressed already. Look through the known issues that @SutareMayur linked and make sure none of them actually effect you and your environment. In my experience the 10.0.8-h4 release has been completely stable. 

L1 Bithead

We are running the latest version without issues 10.1.3 on 220

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!