Palo Alto BGP: Conditional Advertising

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto BGP: Conditional Advertising

Dear All,

Recently we have been migrating to a non-trivial BGP setup, and I have had to experiment with the conditional advertising BGP feature in Palo Alto. I was familiar with this concept from cisco, but alas I still found the documentation available on this feature to be a bit unclear and lacking. So, I've written a how to with a step - by - step scenario in order to help the next person who comes along with the same questions I had.

I would be very appreciative if the community where to check the blog post here and give me their feedback / questions / mistakes that i've made, in order to better the article and hopefully even submit it as a document here on the paloalo knowledge point:

http://blog.davidvassallo.me/2013/04/04/palo-alto-networks-implementing-conditional-advertising-in-b...

Many Thanks and Regards,

David Vassallo

CNSE

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Nice work - looks great.  I hadn't thought to use conditional advertisements in this way before.  Great use-case!

Cheers,

Kelly

L2 Linker

I found that article before finding this post. You can now monitor for the default route, which removes a limitation you mentioned.

The question I have is, can I make advertising a subnet conditional on the default route? I am thinking that it is possible that I didn't receive default route from my ISP for whatever reason, and then I don't want to advertise my public IP space to them. I know, kind of a weird problem, but just because I have an adjacency doesn't mean that all is well.

• 2 replies
  • 5 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!