Palo Alto Integration... weirdness.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Integration... weirdness.

L0 Member

Morning,

I was wondering if someone could help me. We have the palo intergation enabled and the results are rather interesting.

If I check a device that is a iOS Device in Aruba I can see IP, user assiocated to the device and so on. If I put that same IP into Palo I have the IP Address listed with no user ID assigned.

Now if I check a device that is a Mac Device using the exact same connection method in Aruba I see the IP and everything else. And Palo also has all of this information.

The only different between the devices is that one is a Mac and the other is an iPhone.

Thoughts?

Images to show details...

Both devices in Aruba without issue.

You can see the only different is the Device Type... OS X vs iPhone.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.39.45 am.png

Palo showing User ID of iPhone.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.40.29 am.png

Palo showing UserID of OS X.

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 10.40.46 am.png

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

What kind of integration have you setup between Aruba and the Palo Alto? Is it from the WLAN controller or from ClearPass?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

It really depends on how you actually integrated your aruba equipment with your PA. It might be worth looking at how aruba stores the mobile authentication verses how it lables macOS and Windows logins. There could be something in front of the mobile auth logs that the palo alto isn't expecting. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!