Palo Alto Networks Content Updated email fail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Networks Content Updated email fail

L2 Linker

That i just received April 7th lists all the other "Chris's" that subscribe to these updates in the CC field.

My teammates received the same with all other PAN users that shared their names.

With about 100 carefully selected names we could build almost the entire PAN user directory and emails.  Ouch

What gives?

c

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Just got the same thing, only with all the "Darren"'s, "Daryl"'s, "Dave"'s and a few others in the TO: Field.

Methinks someone at Palo Alto made a major f-up.

PA sended explanation on 08.04.2015 09:26 (I got it twice ?!??!? - another misconfigurations?)

"Our initial investigation has shown that the root cause of this problem was due to a misconfiguration on our email notification systems"

I know how painfull is lunching new systems - but sending emails without BCC is a silliness.

Regards

SLawek

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!