Palo GUI: Selecting lines (Multiselect)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo GUI: Selecting lines (Multiselect)

L2 Linker

Hello,

I would like to put 20 FQDN Names in a Group ir directly in a policy.

AAAA1

AAAA2

AAAA3

AAAA4

AAA20

You know what I mean, it takes a long time :=(( ... or there is a way how to select more names I do not know.

Roman

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hello rkra,

If your PAN FW is running PAN OS version 6.0.0 or above, you may use the TAG feature. It might help you.

Objects > Tags

Tags allow you to group objects using keywords or phrases. Tags can be applied to address objects, address groups (static and dynamic), zones, services, service groups, and to policy rules. When tagged, the keyword can be used to sort or filter objects; to visually distinguish objects, you can also apply a color to a tag. When a color is applied to a tag, the Policy tab displays the object with the background color.

Use this tab to create, assign a color, delete, rename, and clone tags. Each object can have up to 64 tags; when an object has multiple tags, it takes the color of the first tag in the ordered list of tags applied.

Note: The Objects >Tags tab only displays the tags that you defined locally on the firewall (or on Panorama). If you have configured dynamic address groups, this tab does not display the tags that are dynamically retrieved from the VM Information sources defined on the firewall.

Thanks

Hello HULK,

I know about the benefits of tags, but I do not think it helps me with this problem.

bye

Roman

L7 Applicator

For these types of bulk changes I think it is easier to use the cli.  Just use notepad to copy and paste all the commands together to add the addresses to the group.  then paste this into cofigure mode.

set address-group NAME static AAAA1

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L4 Transporter

You might look into using XML API to achieve what you are trying to do here. Following document might be helpful:

Sample API workflow for Dynamic Address Objects

Thanks

WOW!

I have to learn a lot to understand it first.

Roman

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!