PAN 500 Locked Up Today

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN 500 Locked Up Today

L2 Linker

So, today, when basically nobody was on campus the PA-500 decided to lock up.  I could not connect to it at all and it was not passing traffic through.  Looking at the logs, it appears as though it locked up at 3:02 a.m. on Monday as there was no traffic in the log between 3:02 a.m. and when I rebooted it at 5:30 this evening.

It does appear as though it was passing vwire traffic as that is how one of our networks is presently connected to it and 2 people were on campus and did not have problems.  The L3 I have configured was not working though.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

If you were able to get the tech support files from the PAN prior to the reboot, your support provider should be able to determine the cause of the problem.

L4 Transporter

Kevin,

What was the fault?  I have faced this issue twice in two days in the morning at 8:30am when I upgraded from version 4.0.5 to version 4.1.0.

If you can let me know the cause; that would be great as I have no tech support file and nothing in the logs at the moment.  No tech support file because the unit was then upgraded from 4.1.0 to 4.1.6.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!