PAN 7.1.9 aes-256-cbc vs PAN 6.1.10 aes256

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN 7.1.9 aes-256-cbc vs PAN 6.1.10 aes256

L3 Networker

I need to move a tunnel from a PAN with 6.1.10. The tunnel today uses aes256 for IPSec crypto and for IKE. The tunnel established fine to our biz partner.

In configuring the tunnel on the other PAN with 7.1.9 I notice that my options are aes-256-cbc or aes-256-gcm for IPSec and IKE Crypto, Add offered aes-256-cbc. My question: If I select aes-256-cbc for both should the tunnel likely remain compatible with the biz parnter if it worked before? I think they're using Cisco but not certain actually. TY

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @palomed

Yes, if you choose aes-256-cbc in 7.1.x, this will be the same as aes-256 in 6.1.x

Regards,

Remo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @palomed

Yes, if you choose aes-256-cbc in 7.1.x, this will be the same as aes-256 in 6.1.x

Regards,

Remo

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!