Problem when SSH into a firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem when SSH into a firewall

L2 Linker

I can SSH from firewall to firewall, but when i try to SSH from a C brand router to the paloalto firewall I receive this error message:

*Sep 27 21:16:32.190: %SSH-3-NO_MATCH: No matching cipher found: client aes128-cbc server chacha20-poly1305@openss h.com,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com

When i try to initiate SSH to C router I get:

no matching cipher found their offer: aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes192-cbc

the routers can SSH to eachother, and the firewalls can SSH to eachother

what set command for CLi to enable SSH  for admin profile?

I'm not worried about GUI's at the moment, I am beginning to learn PA, this is a lab, and I'm writing scripts to interact with CLI commands.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hello @hfakoor2 

Check if your issue is similar to this link.

Anoopkumar
Network Security Engineer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!