PAN GlobalProtect 2.0.3 doesn't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN GlobalProtect 2.0.3 doesn't work

L0 Member

So, I activated GlobalProtect 2.0.3 yesterday and have found that it fails to connect. The user will click "Connect" and the globe will spin for about 30 seconds then it closes itself and reopen on the taskbar(icon disappears and reappears). I am currently having to go to each client to uninstall 2.0.3 and reinstall 2.0.2.

Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Can you connect to GP Portal?

You can test same with https://<Portal>.

If it connects and authenticates, then you can debug connection

Debug instructions:

1. Goto Global Protect

2. View > Advance View > Troubleshooting

3. Select Log > PanGP Service > start

4. Try to connect now and view the same logs, It will give precise reason for issue.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L6 Presenter

Hi Jbo,

Let me know if you have additional queries.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L4 Transporter

Would you be able to uninstall and then reinstall GP v2.0.3 anew?

What OS are you trying to load this on? Are you trying to install by connecting to the portal or was it a clean install from the MSI file from the support.paloaltonetworks.com site?

L3 Networker

I had similar issue, but I also had upgraded to 6.0.2 at the same time.  I was using AD DC produced user certificates as a part of the client verification to connect to the VPN.  I found disabling the need for the auth on the certs off, and it fixed the problem you described.  I haven't had time to open a ticket to see what broke. This affected both OS X and Win 8/7 clients.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!