Pan GlobalProtect Driver installation failed with error=4 /Windows 10 with GlobalProtect 5.0.5-28

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pan GlobalProtect Driver installation failed with error=4 /Windows 10 with GlobalProtect 5.0.5-28

L0 Member

Simply trying to re-install the GlobalProtect version above.  The .msi runs to completion and indicates a successful install, but it's not functioning afterward.  The message in the title is from the PanGPS.log.  We've been through several iterations of de-install, reboots, registry cleans, etc.  Yes, we have administrative rights.  No joy after 4 days of effort.

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

@RandlHam 

I researched this a little more.. and this is what was posted in a case someone else had with the same error=4.

"I researched on my end and found that Error 0x800705B4 is a Windows error code for driver installations. I checked online regarding this error and found below article:
https://www.kunal-chowdhury.com/2015/03/windows-error-code-0x800705b4.html#J3yigHBcq6IzBy4x.97

Kindly follow below steps to first uninstall GP drivers cleanly before attempting to make changes recommended in the above link, followed by GP install:

1. Uninstall GlobalProtect, reboot machine
2. After reboot, check if PanGPD driver still exists by typing 'sc query pangpd' from a admin cmd prompt. If PanGPD is still running, need to manually remove it as follows:

2.1 Go to 'Network and Sharing Center', click 'Change adapter settings', find out 'PANGP Virtual Ethernet Adapter'
2.2 Right-click PANGP virtual adapter, select 'Properties' menu-item
2.3 Click 'Configure..' button, click 'Driver' tab, and then click 'Uninstall' to uninstall PANGPD driver
2.4 Go to registry 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PanGpd', delete the whole 'PanGpd' registry key
2.5 Reboot the machine

3. Then, follow the steps mentioned online on how to address the Windows timeout error 0x800705B4 by increasing timeout
4. Install fresh copy of GP"

I hope this can help.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!