Pan OS 4.1, Destination Nat Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pan OS 4.1, Destination Nat Problems

L2 Linker

Hallo,

I installed a PA500 wit Pan OS 4.1 at customer side and most thing working fine.

I configured the WAN interface as DHCP-Client with default route to this interface. In NAT-Rules i want to publish a internal server to give external sources acces to this internal source (simple portforwarding). My problem is, if I configure a destination translation, the PAN OS needs an address in the destination (not destination translation). A commit of a new rule set without a destination address fails. If i take my WAN-address as destination, everything works fine. Problem is that this IP changes from time to time. Is there the possibility to specify the interface or 'any' in this kind of use?

Regards

Robert

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

You could use an FQDN object with a DYNDNS host.

Hi,

that would be an idea but there is no possibility to configure dyndns options on the device.

Greetings from Germany

Robert

You don't need to have dyndns ON the PAN.

You just run a dyndns client behind your firewall to keep your dyndns records up to date . ( I guess you already have this , otherwise how can you host a webserver if you don't have a fixed ip )

In the NAT destination you then just use the dyndns record.

that's it.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!