PAN-OS 9.16 SMB Issues - mapped network drives.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS 9.16 SMB Issues - mapped network drives.

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

Please be advised, there is a current issue with PAN-OS 9.1.6 which seems to break anything SMB related, e.g. mapped network drives. Sessions have an end reason of "incomplete" and go into state "aged out" in the session table.

After doing a packet capture, i found firewall dropping packets with info Negotiate Protocol request - SMB 

Resolution: 

For now I did Application Override to sort this issue.

Need to know if this has been taken care in any newer version. 

Farakh Numan Rafiquie
1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Farakh_Numan,

That's a fairly old release, I'd recommend upgrading to the current supported release of 9.1.13-h1 regardless. Check PAN-158280 and PAN-157715, sounds like you could be running into 157715 which was fixed in 9.1.11

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!