PAN OS Upgrade 6.0.5 failure and success

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN OS Upgrade 6.0.5 failure and success

L2 Linker

Hello All

Out of the box, my 3050 Firewall had PAN OS 5.0.x and I wanted to upgrade it to.the latest 6.0.5 release. My Firewall does not have internet access yet, and so all the following things were done offline by downloading files on my laptop.

So, I updated Application and Antivirus signatures, uploaded the base image of 6.0.0 to the firewall and then tried to upload the image 6.0.5 to Firewall. It gave me "Operation Failed" notification. Nevertheless, I clicked "Install from file" and I could see the PAN OS 6.0.5 file.

I clicked install. Again after some time, it gave me the "Operation Failed" notification with description "No information available". However, I simply restarted the firewall, and when it came up, the IOS was indeed upgraded to 6.0.5.

Has anyone had such an experience?

Is there any known cause for such a thing?

Thanks a lot!

Amit

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi!

Try to install 6.0.0 version first

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi Amit,

Its difficult to provide root cause as issue already happened. Practically it should not happen.

Following document provides information on manual upgrade, let me know if you have tried something different than this.

How To Manually Import and Install PAN-OS from the CLI

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L3 Networker

Hi!

Try to install 6.0.0 version first

Regards,

Alex

Hello Amit,

You can also run the following command and see what it shows:

> debug swm status

Partition         State             Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysroot0          REVERTABLE        6.0.0        <<<< Here you need to see whatever previous version you had

sysroot1          RUNNING-ACTIVE    6.0.4    <<<<Here you need to see 6.0.5

maint             READY             6.0.4

You can also see the info in the system logs when the device was rebooted. You will see "Management server started. Running version 6.0.5"

If you do not want to take any chances, you can install 6.0.0 and then upgrade to 6.0.5 so that you can be sure of this.

-Dileep

L2 Linker

Thank you all of you for your answers!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!