PAN URL DB not getting update.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN URL DB not getting update.

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

I have 3 firewalls in my different loctions, All 2 firewall URL Update version is up to date. Only one firewall is a lower version. 

Also, I identified lower version firewall having a different update server when I checked the show url-cloud-info command.

lower version update cloud server is: pdx1prod.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com

The higher version update cloud server is: serverlist.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks @VishnuPS, This was my last post.

"This line (6th from bottom) looks like your issue. "curl error: Could not resolve host: s0000.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com"

Can you run the command 'ping host s0000.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com'? This will test DNS. The source address used will be your management interface.

Could you also run the command 'debug dataplane internal vif route 250' to verify that you do not have any service routes installed? The output should be blank. If not, please post."

Could you please run those commands?

Thanks!

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Tom,

I'm able to ping host s0000.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com.

But still issue same.

That's disappointing.  It looks like we had a DNS error at one point.

Is this a single firewall or HA pair?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Tom,

Its a single firewall, anyway i have opened PA TAC case, I will update here once issue is get resolved. Thank you.

Hi Team,

Issue resolved and please find the TAC solution below,

1. The URL-filter elect the cloud server:pdx1prod.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com
2. And the response is very slow during
show url-cloud status
test url www.google.com /www.yahoo.com
3. Change the mgmt to 1400 make some improvement during certificate exchange on small ISP path MTU.
Then the cloud server change to serverlist.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com
test url and response better now
ISSUS fixed.

Thank you all

Regards,

Vishnu Ps.

L0 Member

Hello,

I have the same error in my System Log:  CURL ERROR: bind failed with errno 124: Address family not supported by protocol

I changed the Service URL:serverlist.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com

And I changed my MTU size to 1400 (1372+28) after confirming 100% of packets received at 1372 bytes  (no fragmentation) via ping www.google.com -f -l 1372.

I am still seeing the error above in my System Log...  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

/Ed

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!