Panorama 4.0.3 - System Logs not showing source device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama 4.0.3 - System Logs not showing source device

Not applicable

I have a Panorama server running PANOS 4.0.3 with 2 PA-4020s connected to it running PANOS 3.1.8. I noticed since upgrading the panorama to 4.0.3 that the system logs no longer show the device name or IP that sent the system log to the panorama. This is a challenge because I can not identify which system log is coming from which managed device in the Panorama. Any help on this would be appreciated.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

The "Device" column exists in 4.0.x as well, it is just not shown by default. You can display the column by clicking on the down arrow on any column in the table and enabling the column.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Do you have any PA devices which are running 4.x? Do they also exhibit the same issue as the 3.1.8 devices?

Unfortunately I do not have any PA firewalls running 4.x

Josh,

I have the same problem and what I would recommend doing is to create a filter based on the serial number of each PA device.  I did that to work around the problem.  I think I had to apply the filter to the system logs and the traffic logs separately.

I'm running 4.0.3 now and I miss not having that.

The "Device" column exists in 4.0.x as well, it is just not shown by default. You can display the column by clicking on the down arrow on any column in the table and enabling the column.

Wow, how did I miss that! Thanks, that was it.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!