Panorama configuration is over 80MB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama configuration is over 80MB

I am getting the following system log message on my Panorama dashboard:

The current configuration is 81MB, which exceeds the supported limit of 80MB.  We highly recommend that you reduce the configuration size to within 80MB. 

What are the potential consequences of this "unsupported" configuration size?  This config is an amalgamation of multiple sites, users, and entities using different vsys rules and templates, trying to reduce the size is certainly doable with some housekeeping but potentially challenging logistically.

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @Christopherdelporto

What PAN-OS version do you have installed?

There might be the risk of memory problems when panorama is doing data checks on commits. But cannot really say how big this risk is.

Currently running 8.0.12 on panorama and some devices and 7.1.12 on other devices.

I have had intermittent issues with configuration pushes to devices failing for what seems like no reason, only to succeed later on.  This error came up while I was trying to troubleshoot that issue, but I am not sure if it is related or if this might cause unrelated issues.  We are pushing device configs across long distances so I thought that file size and bandwidth might be an issue; not to take this thread down another rabbit hole, I just want to know if we really need to try to reduce our config size or if "strongly recommend" is ok to ignore.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!