Panorama Extra storage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Extra storage

Not applicable

Hello i've just setup panorama server and have followed these insructions to add a  dsik for bigger storage for logs, but in the GUI it still shows 10gb even though I have attached a 500GB virtual hardrive.

these are the instuctions I followed.

1. In VMware, choose the Panorama virtual machine.

2. Click

Edit Virtual Machine Settings.

3. Click

Add to launch the Add Hardware wizard.

4. Choose

Hard Disk from the list of hardware types and click Next.

5. Choose the

Create a new virtual disk option and click Next.

6. Choose

IDE for the Virtual Disk Type and click Next.

7. Specify a location for the virtual disk by entering a name and path or by clicking the

Browse

button.

8. Click

Finish.

A new IDE disk is shown in the list of devices for the virtual machine.

9. Start the Panorama virtual machine.

On the first start after adding the new disk, Panorama initializes the new disk for use.

This process will take several minutes.

After the system starts with the new disk, any existing logs on the default disk are moved to

the new virtual disk, and all future log entries are written to the new disk. If the virtual disk is

removed, Panorama automatically reverts back to logging to the default internal 10 GB disk.

Thanks darren

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Darren,

The procedure outlined is the same as the one in the Admin guide and should work. Did you shutdown/reboot Panorama during this process?

What you described should work and a case should be opened if it is not recognizing the new expanded disk.

I will reuse this topic instead of creating a similar one...

Speaking of extra storage, any recommendations if one need shitload of storage for your Panorama?

And are there any Panorama appliances on the roadmap yet (even if Panorama is VMware based it still means one need additional VMware licenses in order to install and use a Panorama)?

I can't really see them releasing a Panorama appliance when they have configured Panorama to support NFS.

We're running NFS on our Panorama installation and so far so good.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!