Panorama M-500 disk upgrade & add process

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama M-500 disk upgrade & add process

L2 Linker

Hello,

I'm planning to upgrade storage capacity M-500.

It's using 12 slots with 1TB disks, I'm going to insert 2TB disks to empty slots and replace 1TB to 2TB.

As I know, after add new disks, panorama will redistribute existing logs.

While that process, can I replace 1TB disk to 2TB?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@yhlee1,

So you'll need to configure your 2TB disks into a different array. Once that's done you can migrate the logs to the new array and essentially decom the initial array with the 1TB drive once the logs have been migrated. Then you can go about cleaning up the config and clearing the slot so you can add the replacement 2TB disk in place of the 1TB disk. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can run below command to get detail info

show system raid detail

Also the disks work in pair as shown below

Disk Pair A                           Available

Status                                 clean

Disk id A1                           Present

model        : ST91000640NS

size         : 953869 MB

status       : active sync

Disk id A2                           Present

model        : ST91000640NS

size         : 953869 MB

status       : active sync

IF you are replacing 1TB with 2TB you can put that 2TB in different slot and then copy the contents of 1TB disk to 2TB disk by running  the command below

The drive Model has to be same in Each Raid array.

Also, do not mix drive models within a RAID 1 array (for example, the drive model must be the same
for both drives in the A1/A2 RAID 1 array). You can, however, mix drive models in
different RAID 1 arrays. For example, the drives in the A1/A2 array can both be model drives in the A1/A2 array can both be model
ST91000640NS and the drives in the B1/B2 array can both be model ST1000NX0423

request system raid copy from A1 to A2

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!