Panorama Merge or migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Merge or migration

L0 Member

Hello,

I do have 2 Panorama running with 7.1.9. 1 running with M100 physical and another one is VM. Both are having different device group , templete and devices.

I am looking for way to migrate all devices from M100 to VM. Is there any easiest/ safest way of doing it? Any help is highly appriciated.

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @LCMember4017

Right now I can think of two possibilities

1. PaloAlto Migration Tool
  2. Manually merging the XML Configuration files

Actually I am not totally sure about possibility 1 with the migration tool so personally I would manually merge the config files. It actually shouldn't be a big deal, cause you can copy the templates and device groups from the configuration of your m100 into the corresponding place in the vm configuration. 

If you use them, you have to make sure that you also merge all the globally shared objects. This will probably be the biggest task and may be even better if you configure all of them on both panoramas before you start.

And if you also have certificates with private keys, accounts including passwords and or other configuration which some data is stored encrypted (e.g. RADIUS Server profiles) in the templates, you have to configure the same master keys on both panorama appliances.

If you do this correctly, the firewalls will still be in sync after you change them from the m100 to the vm panorama.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Remo

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!