Panorama Mode - No default collector

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Mode - No default collector

L1 Bithead

Hey folks-

Ive got an HA pair of Pano's in AWS that I needed to do some local logging to due to some missing features in Cortex.

Added the disks....changed the mode and poof! Nothing

Im not seeing a default logging collector or collector group as the documentation indicates I should have. When I try to manually create the collectors there are no disks available event though the disk shows Admin enabled at the cli of Pano.

Feels like I am missing some simple step that was assumed in the documentation. 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/9-0/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/set-up-the-panorama-vi...

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

AH HA! apparently you just add it with serial number and click OK. 

THEN commit

THEN go back and add a disk

You cant add the disk from the start unless you jump through the hoops. Something not mentioned in the documentation..

Lesson learned

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!