VM-100 Deployment on ESXi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM-100 Deployment on ESXi

L1 Bithead

Hey, so I've been working with PaloAlto technology for a couple of months now.

I'm trying to set a lab environment to continue practicing for my PCNSE. However I am having some trouble figuring out the setup (specifically when it comes to the VMWare configuration). I'm working on vSphere using ESXi. I have a virtual Ubuntu Host and a VM-100 deployed. What I'm not sure how to do, is how to redirect all traffic from the host to the "inside" zone?

Any ideas?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your feedback Joe! Truly apreciate it.

I managed to solve it. It turned out to be an issue with the configuration in my VMWare environment. In our testing environment we have HA and SDRS configured which move VMs around the hosts. Turns out that for a vSwitch to connect two hosts merely using Layer 2 capabilities both VMs must be in the same host. When adjusting this particular issue the connectivity was restored.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

When it comes to "routing traffic", normally the default routes handle all of that traffic.. when you set everything up with the default router and what not then all traffic responding to any internal hosts should be automatically routed back to that host.. as long as NAT has been configured properly.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Thanks for your feedback Joe! Truly apreciate it.

I managed to solve it. It turned out to be an issue with the configuration in my VMWare environment. In our testing environment we have HA and SDRS configured which move VMs around the hosts. Turns out that for a vSwitch to connect two hosts merely using Layer 2 capabilities both VMs must be in the same host. When adjusting this particular issue the connectivity was restored.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!