Panorama modular configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama modular configuration

L1 Bithead

I had a few scenarios where we needed to push configuration from Panorama to different geographic locations where most of the configuration is common but small part might be different for each geographic location while the configuration is part of the same object.

For example:

I want to use Panorama to configure global protect gateway on multiple locations while most settings are common but the DNS servers might be different for each location (GlobalProtect > Gateways > Agent > Network Services > Primary/Secondary DNS).

Is there a way to achive this without configuring a seperate gateway object for each location?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hi @YuvalBenAri

The template variables in PAN-OS 8.1 sound like the feature you need. With PAN-OS 8.0 I don't see a way doing this without separate congihurations.

Indeed, it sounds like what I need. Will test it when it's released.

Panorama 8.1 has been out for a long time now, and template variables work with 8.0.x firewalls! If you haven't upgraded to Panorama 8.1, do it if you don't have 7.1.x firewalls or earlier. I am really liking the changes in Panorama 8.1. None of my firewalls are at 8.1 yet, but there is now a stable and recommended 8.1.x release.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!