Panorama shared objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama shared objects

L4 Transporter

Hi

I am about to import my config from a PA into panorama. 

Now with shared objects, how do you manage them, can you delete them, I haven't found a way to do it via the web ui

How do change it from shared to non shared or the reverse ?

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

AFAIK there is no way to convert them perse.

You can however clone objects and put the clone into either the Shared or specific Device Group. You would then need to then go and reassociate the new objects all throughout your policy which would be a pretty laborious process. 

L2 Linker

Moving an Object (at least Address, Service, Region Objects) from a device Group to "Shared" is possible trough the GUI the follow way:

- Navigate to Objects -> Address

- Choose Device Group which contains Object

- Select the Address (could also be more than one at the time)

- Click on "move" at the bottom (next to add/del)

- Popup will be there to choose the new Device Group or "shared"

I never tested to move from "shared" to a device group, but i think it should work.

Important: You will get an error if you move e.g. a device group to shared if not all objects within this device group are already shared.

Works with Panorama 7.1

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!