Panorama showing incorrect device IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Panorama showing incorrect device IP

L0 Member

Morning all. We are onboarding 90 or so pa410 firewalls and did our initial config and update with ZTP, at which point panorama showed the managed devices as their DHCP address on a /24 I gave them.

we are now using the dedicated WAN interface for services and mgmt, these remove branches only have a single handoff. In device summary the device(s) are now showing connected but the listed IP is "0.0.0.0(dhcp)" how can I fix this? Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @smartz

what you are experiencing is expected. Even though Firewall is registered in Panorama by using a data plane interface, reported IP address under device summary is management interface IP address. Since management interface is set to DHCP and not getting any IP address, it is reported as 0.0.0.0/0. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way around it.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hello @PavelK 

Thank you. This seems like a needed feature. many small/medium business do not have an out of band mgmt network at a satellite office. Thanks for clearing this up

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!