Panorama Template Push issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama Template Push issue

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I have an issue with a Template push to device issue.

I have added some routes in the BGP import section and have committed to Panorama without issue. When I push to device I run into a couple of separate issues which is causing me problems.

When I push to devices using the force template values I get issues concerning HA and this error: ha1-backup interface ipaddr configured to match peer-ip-backup address

My setup is an active passive pair with unique management addresses, unique hostnames.

HA is configured with unique IPs for Peer HA1 on both, pointing to the IP set on Control Link HA IP set on the opposite device. The backup HA is configured to work on the management interface and the peer set to opposite device IP.

If I don't force template it is all okay, and it works apart from the config is not pushed.

If I force the template, the passive device fails with the error above but the primary device has the config on.

Question is how to resolve this through Panorama? If it can't, is it best to do this config on the device and is that achieved by selecting the "Disable Device and Network Template" in Device>Setup>Panorama settings?

Secondary quicky question - is it best to have sync config ticked post migration to Panorama as the documentation wasn't clear whether to enable it or not?

Regards

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hey there @a.jones , 

Normally that error message is because the exact same management IP to the both firewall is listed in the HA config. 

Are you sure you have double checked both members to ensure that nothing is duplicated?

Also, ticking the option to sync the config is a good option as this ensures that the config is synced. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Thanks for the response.

My setup is as follows for HA:

Palo 1:

Setup Section:

Peer HA1 IP Address
Backup Peer HA1 IP Address

Control Link:

Port
ha1-a
IPv4/IPv6 Address
Netmask

Control Link (HA1 Backup):

Port
management

Data Link (HA2):

Port
ethernet1/3
IPv4/IPv6 Address
Netmask

Management IP: 192.168.1.19

Palo 2:

Setup Section:

Peer HA1 IP Address
Backup Peer HA1 IP Address

Control Link:

Port
ha1-a
IPv4/IPv6 Address
Netmask

Control Link (HA1 Backup):

Port
management

Data Link (HA2):

Port
ethernet1/3
IPv4/IPv6 Address
Netmask

Management IP: 192.168.1.17

There is no duplication. Is it because the Backup Peer address is using the management address?

Regards

Adrian

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!