PanOS 4.0.3 - CLI options missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PanOS 4.0.3 - CLI options missing

Not applicable

Hi

We seem to been missing several set options (e.g. set profiles). We recently upgraded to 4.0.3 but this is the first time I've looked to set anything like this since the upgrade.

The user account I am using has full read/write access.

Are we hitting a bug?

Regards
Jim

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Jim,

No prob.  I only have one vsys on this box, so mine is slightly different in that vsys does not need to be specified.

Regards,

Dave

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hi Jim,

My test box is running 4.0.3 at the mo and I am able to issue commands like the one below without any problems from configure mode.

set profiles custom-url-category minimal-allow list *.centos.org

What error do you get when you try and issue your command?

Cheers,

Dave

No error Dave. Just don't have the options I should do after the set command. All I see it the following:

> application            application
> cli                    Set CLI properties
> clock                  System date and time
> data-access-password   access password for data filtering logs
> management-server      management-server
> panorama               connection to panorama
> password               password
> session                session
> system                 System setting

No "profiles" option but also a lot of other options missing.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Have you issued the configure command to go into configure mode?

Regards,

Dave

I've tried both configure mode and the top level. When in configuration mode still don't see profiles. Do I have to then specify the  vsys before the profiles option?

Dave

Thanks. You've put me on the right track. I need to be in configure mode as you suggest and then name the correct vsys before the profiles option (and other options) are visible.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

No prob.  I only have one vsys on this box, so mine is slightly different in that vsys does not need to be specified.

Regards,

Dave

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!