cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

password saved in firewall

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

We are migrating firewalls from one environment to another; in the other environment, we will create a new firewall, and that firewall will be managed by panaroma. What we are going to do is copy the named configuration export from old and import it on new firewall. My question is, when I export and import the configuration, will the password (lie IKE gateway password or any other password) also be saved and imported to the new device?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@shirishkulkarni,

Do you set the same master key across your devices, or leave them set to the default value? If that's the same across devices then yes you can just import secrets and they'll work, but if you don't know the answer to that question or the answer is no, then it isn't going to work because the pre-shared-key and phash values won't actually match what you're expecting.

L3 Networker

so, while migration how we make sure that passwords are also saved because current firewalls using since long back and i don't think anyone know about all passwords, is there any way while we save the config the password also save properly.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!