Past PAN-OS version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Past PAN-OS version

L1 Bithead

Hi Community,

Is there a way to find out all the PAN-OS versions which were uploaded, installed and executed on a Palo Alto firewall in the past?

Guess this information is hidden somewhere on the TSF but have been unable to find where it´s stored.

Thanks.

Ho.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hello,

This may be what you're looking for:

> debug swm history | match 'install panos'

- DM

Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Strata

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello there!

I think the best you will get, is what the previous version (only 1) was was installed, prior to an upgrade.

The system log will show reboot and upgrade information, but only until the logs get overwritten by newer logs.

So, I think NO, the FW does not retain EVERY single upgrade.

Does this answer your question?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks Steve.

How could I review this, hoping the logs have not been overwritten and I am still able to check the previous PAN-OS version running on the firewall?

"The system log will show reboot and upgrade information, but only until the logs get overwritten by newer logs."

Ta.

Ho

L3 Networker

Hello,

This may be what you're looking for:

> debug swm history | match 'install panos'

- DM

Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Strata
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!