Ping identity with single sign-on, multiple users

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ping identity with single sign-on, multiple users

Our support staff uses a single support portal login email and password to access our client's Palo Alto networks support.  We have attempted to log in and are getting notified we need to download PingID. How would this work with multiple people using the same username? Can it be bypassed or how should we set this up for our support staff?

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I'm slightly confused. Palo Alto's support website doesn't require PingID, and the only way that the VPN would require PingID was if it was setup for multi-factor. Can you explain where you are actually running into this and maybe include a screenshot so we know what is actually generating the message. 

L6 Presenter

Hi,

l do get sometimes these messages. Just close and open a new session. Should work with the generic account for your company 

@TranceforLife, weird. I've never ran into anything asking me to setup 2nd factor or even telling me I could on the support portal. 

@BPry Yeah had it few times, l always closing the browser 🙂 

L7 Applicator

@mans-paloalto-support, This is not a Palo Alto Networks question  about the Firewall, but an issue logging into the support site, correct?  That is something that you will have to contact Palo Alto Networks support in order to find out why it is asking you for the Ping-ID to log in.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!