Possible Bug in Global Protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Possible Bug in Global Protect

L3 Networker

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  We are using on-demand mode.  When setting up a new laptop we install the 1.2.5 agent.  At this point our helpdesk tech is logged in and the VPN connects correctly as it is our process to test it.  From here he disconnects and reboots the workstation.  I then log into the machine with the user's credentials and Global Protect connects!  I check the log and it is using the helpdesk user's credentials even though the remember password was not checked.  If I reboot again the process no longer happens.

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

Could you please provide below mentioned information in order to confirm if this is a BUG,

1. Enable logging into GP agent and provide us the log file ( including PanGPA and PanGPS log.)

2. PAN-OS version.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Which logs are you looking at can you provide the sample of the log output.

We have a case open now and will be working directly rather than through the message boards.  I can update however if we find it to be a bug or others.

Can you share the case number if possible.

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

I have tested this on my lab network and it mapped correctly for me.

What OS version the firewall is on?

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

Are you using Kerberos or LDAP with the VPN authentication?

I used local database.

Which one you've faced this issue?

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

L3 Networker

Actually both... I have a case open with them to determine what may be causing it.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!